PIA: A Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) is a key assessment process that defines the requirements as it helps organizations evaluate the impact a business may have on the privacy of the individuals involved and ensures compliance with various Privacy benchmarks.
Organizations are required to perform a PIA where the processing of personal data involves a high risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals. The need for PIA has also been defined as required when there is a “Systematic and extensive evaluation” of personal assets, or “large scale” processing involved. A PIA will be required for automated data processing activities, including:
- Profiling leads to decisions that produce legal effects for the individual.
- Large-scale processing of certain types of data.
- Systematic monitoring of a publicly accessible area on a large scale.
- The background to PIAs
- Types of data processing operations that require a data protection impact assessment
- Legal provisions
- Assessing risk
- Hands-on PIA on case studies pertaining to business domains like manufacturing, Airlines, Healthcare, Ed Tech, and Pharma
- Template PIA for you to use for future projects
- Privacy Professionals
- Security Professionals
- Information Managers
- Data Protection Officers
Duration: 8 Hours
- Basic understanding of Privacy
- Exposure to Risk management
- Knowledge of information security management
- Laptop with MS Office tools
- USB port enabled for copy files or internet dongle to download files from shared drives
Mahesh Balakrishnan. CGEIT | CRISC | CISM | CISA | CDPSE |CIPM | COBIT 5 FIA | ISO 27001 LA
Mahesh Balakrishnan is a senior professional with over 2 decades of experience encompassing IT Governance, Risk Management,Compliance, Data Privacy, Cyber Law, and Cyber Forensics.
Key responsibilities include supporting Customers in GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, ISAE 3402/SSAE18 Compliance, TPRM, Privacy Risk Assessments, and Information Systems
Vaidyanathan Chandramouli. CISA | MBCI | TOGAF | ISMA LA | BCMS LA | PIMS LI | DCPP
Vaidyanathan is a techno-management leader with over twenty-five years of rich and extensive experience in the information technology industry. His area of expertise, Governance Risk & Compliance; Business Continuity Management; Internal Controls, and operational excellence Vaidyanathan is currently a Cybersecurity Architect providing strategic advisory on Cyber Security, Resilience, and Risk Management to global customers. Prior to this role,he was leading the business Continuity program for the enterprise. He was responsible for ensuring the resilience of operations during a disruption in terms of people, technology, and facilities